Monday, March 15, 2010

Know The Vocie Of The Lord

Hear and Recognize the Voice Of The Lord

Several years ago, I was re-introduced to a man whom I had not seen in many years…. I mentioned that I had actually met him many years before, and he said “I remember your Voice”.
I, of course thought that was just a Good LINE.


A few days ago I called someone whom I had not talked to in about a year,
He said “Hello” and I said “Hello Paul”…..and he immediately said
“Hello Kay”
I was totally surprised that he remembered and recognized my Voice.

I need to mention here…that Voices are very important to me. It would be hard for me to be with someone if I did not like their voice.

Today I am studying: Knowing and Recognizing the Voice of God.

John 10:1-5
10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
{There is No Other Way Except through the Good Shepherd, Christ, Our Lord.}
10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep
10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
This is interesting…….We often want to know How We Can Recognize the Voice Of The Lord.
It is…. Because We Hear It Often, Consistently, Lovingly, and from an Early Age. Just like children recognize the Voice of their Mother early, we Recognize the Voice of our Lord.
And the More we Stop to Listen, the more Familiar the Voice Becomes, so that we Recognize It Easier.
And, just as in any conversation, the More We Talk…..the Less We Listen…or Learn….the More We Listen, the More He Gets to Talk…and the More We Learn.

By the way…In Your Prayers……{Conversation with the Lord}….Have You Been Dominating the Conversation? Something to Think About.

10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

This is really Cool Too.
The devil should be a stranger to us….So we Should Not recognize his voice…and If we do Not Know his Voice, Why should we follow him?

Know Whose Voice You Are Following.

No comments:

Post a Comment